Privacy and Security Policy
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The type of Information submitted to or collected by [I.am] Life Products varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with [I.am] Life Products.
- Browsing the Web Site: When You browse the company’s web site, [I.am] Life Products may collect information regarding the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider You are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company’s website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries: The web site contains various forms, links to company e-mail addresses, and fax numbers that You may use to solicit information about the web site, [I.am] Life Products services, and the company in general. When You complete and submit a form, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, [I.am] Life Products may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information You may have provided. Any personally identifiable information You submit via an inquiry is collected only with Your knowledge and active participation.
- Use of Gateway Services: When You place an online order with [I.am] Life Products, we process your payment using online processing services provided by Heartland Payment Systems and/or Authorize.net (“Gateway Services”). They provide us with the e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. You will be required to provide personally identifiable information and to enter into a written agreement with [I.am] Life Products. If You ordered any products or services that use our Gateway Services (“[I.am] Life Products Customers”), You were required to submit personally identifiable information (“Order Information”). [I.am] Life Products Customers transmit Order Information to [I.am] Life Products for the purpose of processing Orders. Your data is stored through the Gateway Services’ data storage, databases and the general e-commerce application. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. Order Information is maintained in servers located within the U.S.A [I.am] Life Products may maintain Order Information for a certain period of time to comply with audits, legal requirements, or for disaster recovery purposes. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Applying for Retailer Access: When You submit an application to obtain a retailer account through [I.am] Life Products, You will be required to provide personally identifiable information. Furthermore, [I.am] Life Products may also obtain information about You from third-party sources, including, without limitation, consumer reporting agencies.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Usage and disclosure of Your Information varies based on Your relationship with [I.am] Life Products. [I.am] Life Products never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Web Site: Information collected while You’re browsing our web site may be used to analyze trends, administer the web site, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of [I.am] Life Products.
- Inquiries: If you submit an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call, the information collected may be used by [I.am] Life Products to respond to Your inquiry or to contact You to inform You of [I.am] Life Products products and services. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party unless such third party has been contracted by [I.am] Life Products, with obligations of confidentiality, to contact You on our behalf.
- Use of [I.am] Life Products Products: If You are a [I.am] Life Products Customer, [I.am] Life Products will use Your Information during the course of providing You with [I.am] Life Products products. During the course of providing such services, [I.am] Life Products may disclose Your Information to third parties that have contracted with [I.am] Life Products to perform certain functions of order fulfillment on our behalf (“Subcontractors”). [I.am] Life Products may also use Your Information to contact You about other [I.am] Life Products offerings and to inform You about general company news and industry trends, directly or through the use of third-party vendors. [I.am] Life Products may also use Your Information for internal business analyses. If You are a customer of a [I.am] Life Products Customer, [I.am] Life Products will use Order Information during the course of providing products and services to such [I.am] Life Products Customer. [I.am] Life Products may also use Order Information at an aggregate level for internal business analyses and fraud prevention. During the course of providing products to [I.am] Life Products Customers, [I.am] Life Products may disclose Order Information to banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of processing or screening the transaction applicable to the Order Information.
- Surveys and Questionnaires: If You submitted an inquiry to [I.am] Life Products or if You are a [I.am] Life Products Customer, periodically, [I.am] Life Products may use Your Information to contact You, directly or through a third-party vendor, to complete a survey or questionnaire. Responses to any such survey or questionnaire may be used for internal business analyses and may be disclosed in aggregate form without disclosing Your personally identifiable information.
- Confidentiality Obligations: All contracts entered into between [I.am] Life Products and [I.am] Life Products Customers, [I.am] Life Products and Subcontractors, and [I.am] Life Products and other third-party service providers contain express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
- Investigations and Proceedings: [I.am] Life Products may use Information to conduct internal investigations. [I.am] Life Products may disclose Information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose Information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
C. INFORMATION SECURITY
[I.am] Life Products is committed to privacy and security. [I.am] Life Products uses a gateway services provider that is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI DSS”) as a Level 1 service provider and has been compliant with PCI DSS since its inception in 2002. PCI DSS is the bankcard industry’s most stringent security standard. Examples of the gateway services security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring tools; documented security policies; use of strong encryption for transmissions of Order Information to and from [I.am] Life Products Customers; restricting access to personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits by third-party security experts.
D. CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If You want [I.am] Life Products to correct Your Information that is stored on [I.am] Life Products systems, please submit Your request in writing to:
[I.am] Life Products
117 West Argonne Drive
St. Louis, MO 63122
Subject to our ability to verify Your request, [I.am] Life Products will correct the Information within thirty (30) days of receipt of Your request.